I know the holidays are made for eating, drinking, making out, and dressing up. Recently I was hanging at the Galore Mag studio, and the question came up of “What types of lipsticks will last through the phases of the holidays?” So we teamed up and decided to throw a party…sort of..5 girls count as a party right?
Lip game:Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven with Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Siren overlayed; Dress: TopShop; Shoes: Missguided;
Being at the Galore studio is like hanging in candy land. Fur, sparkles, velvet, kitties, racks of clothes, and beautiful people everywhere. That being said, I played dress up with the clothes and shoes hanging- Missguided, Reformation, and of course vintage furs-and then tried out a few versions of “all day lip wears”. And we listened to Mariah Carry “All I want for Christmas” on repeat, while decorating a fake plant with ornaments, drinking some good @$$ red wine cocktails, and eating all the food I am technically not allowed to (orders from my body).
Lip Game: OCC LipTar in Interlace topped with Lime Crime Diamond Crushers in Lit; Dress: Missguided
Back to LipService…..Usually the liquid lipsticks, matte lipsticks, and lip stains are the best for long lasting. The fight of keeping them through the drinks and food is where it counts though. So I tested the waters:
- Hourglass ($28)– Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick are richly pigmented, silk smooth and velvety. You can use it as an opaque coverage for dramatic lips, or you can lightly use with with your favorite lip balm as a lipstain for a “bitten lip effect”. These are my all time favorite because they are flexible, breathable, and hot as hell. Made with Cili Fruit and Goji Berry Exracts to offer anti-oxidant protection. Vitamins A, C, AND E to nourish and protect the lips through the day. Cruelty free & Vegan.
- Kat Von D ($20)-Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is the ultimate power pout. This is something that will never move. 24 hour wear made with vitamin E and Sunflower Seed Wax. You can literally eat, drink, make out, breakup, and mouth off knowing your lips will stay flawless through out. Cruelty-free & Vegan
- MAC ($17)-The Matte or Retro Matte Lipsticks from MAC have been a big seller. They recently changed the formula so the lipstick glides on smooth and dries, but it’s still packaged the old fashion way of lipsticks (which I personally find way sexier). But they are NOT cruelty-free because MAC is sold in China, where animal testing is required.
- Limecrime ($18-$20)– They have a few different types of liquid lipsticks. Diamond crushers and then Velvetines in metallic and matte. I specifically love all of these because you can layer any onto the other to get cool different effects. They are long lasting, with a velvety feel-they don’t dry out properly moisturized lips, nor do they bleed or transfer so you can easily eat and drink and be merry. Cruelty-free & Vegan.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics ($16)– Lip Tar Liquid Lipstick. These are the first of the types of long lasting all day liquid lipsticks. Smallest bit of this goes the longest way. It has a satin-matte finish so it gives a little of a gloss feel. Made with Hemp oil and Vitamin E. It is also synthetic preservative-free due to Peppermint Oil which is a natural antibacterial and antimicrobial alternative. 100% cruelty-free and vegan since 2004
- Giorgio Armani ($38)-Introducing Ecstasy Lacquer-The shine of a lacquer, the color and comfort of a lipstick, and the hold of a stain. So yes, this is a gloss, but it is featured with the highest concentration of water soluble pigments allowing for pure, vivid color impact with maximum long wear results. Who knew a long lasting gloss existed??? Granted I wouldn’t make out with it for the others sake, but its perfect for a timeless kiss. They say they don’t test on animals, but PETA says they do.. I choose PETA.
- Stila ($24) – Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. This weightless formula is a creamy-matte, full coverage lip color that lasts in place up to 6 hours of continuous wear. It is enriched with Vitamin E and avocado oil to keep the lips hydrated and soft. They do test on animals..SMH…
Lip Game: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vivid Hot Pink topped with Lime Crime Diamond Crushers in Strip; Dress: Reformation
All in all, these products are all great, but to compare and contrast, I would obviously choose cruelty-free over not, especially when most brands products are formulated the same. Choose cruelty-free when choosing your holiday lip service. It’s a better way to go, and you will look even more fabulous. Pinky Swear!
Courtesy thanks to Galore Mag and LimeCrime
Model: Chelsea Gehr (me) @mermaidpuss
Photographer: Maddie Cordoba @maddiecordoba
Hair: Darine Sengseevong @machinedarine
Makeup: Chelsea Gehr (ME) @mermaidpuss
Stylist: Lisa Yoo @yisaloo